• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers of same colour don't render separately

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an after effects plugin using the after effects sdk. I set layer definition with some rgb values on PF_Cmd_Render In after effects, when I take solid layers of same colour and hide/unhide one layer, the UI doesn't update, but if I take layers of different colours, and hide/unhide one layer, the UI updates respectively.

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "hide"? disable the layer in the timline, or hide the layer selector parameter?

possibly solids of the same color share the same source project item. perhaps that item factored into GuidMixInPtr()?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, by hiding I simply mean clicking the eye button next to a layer. I mean hiding a top layer to view the contents of the layers behind. If I take two layers of the same colour and hide the top layer to be able to see the contents of just the layer behind, the contents of the top layer are still visible. This doesn't happen in case of layers of different colours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... my best guess is that you're accidentally writing into the checked out layer buffer. AE re-uses input buffers, and on the few times i made the mistake of writing into them this is exactly how it manifested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, I've fixed it for now by setting these 2 outflags soon after the sequenceSetup - 

PF_OutFlag_REFRESH_UI | PF_OutFlag_FORCE_RERENDER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines