Exit

Layers with puppet tool frozing the preview and render

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've used puppet tool for more than ten years, and I've never experienced this:
Since the most recent updates, the puppet tool freezes and hides my preview when I use layers or precomps in a composition (See video attached). The preview works perfectly when the layers are turned off. What's going on here? I've already tried removing the position keyframes and turning on collapse, but none of those things work.

I'm using using a Macbook Pro M1, but I tried lauching AE with and without the rosetta option and it is the same.

best regards,
Élio

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the issue also occur when you switch the tool to the legacy version? That may at least be an option. Otherwise I would simply assume it's just another manifestation of the multitude hardware acceleration issues, but unfortunately on Macs your options are limited. This will likely require an update from Adobe or Apple to fix graphics driver issues.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I forgot to mention that: Yes, it also occur with the legacy version. 
I even tried to turn off the "preserve transparancy" option and also the Multi-frame renderer, but it still doesn't work. 

Élio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines