• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letters translucent

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing text with a lightsource behind. I am following a tutorial. The text casts shadows like it should but the light passes through the letters, I dont wont that, they should be solid. I have missed something very basic. The letters in the tutorial looks more 3D also, mine are flat, 2D.

Thanx.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cropped screenshot* tells us nothing about your workflow or how you set up your layers. Select all layers, press the U key twice, then embed your screenshot or screenshots so we can see what you have done to the layers. 

When you have problems with a tutorial we need to have a link to the tutorial so we can see what you are dealing with. Most of the new tutorials on the web are prepared by enthusiasts, most of those are recipes that they have copied from somewhere, many of them include inefficient workflows or workflows that will only work with a specific shot, and a great majority of the tutorials are very poorly explained and steps are left out.

If the tutorial you are watching looks more 3D then you have not followed the same steps. Maybe the author is using the C4D rendering engine. Your screenshot just looks like you have the volumetric lighting effect stacked in the wrong order. Use your system shortcuts** to take your screenshots and explain your workflow, point us to the tutorial, and we can probably help. 

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

** Mac shortcut for a screenshot Shift + Ctrl + 3

Windows shortcut for a screenshot Windows Logo Key + PrtScn
     if you don't have a PrtScn key use Fn + Windows logo key + Space Bar

Screenshots are usually in your Pictures folder or on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx!

I changed to the C4D-engine, now its fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines