Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letterspacing change 🤨

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I written something in a text layer. I increased the size of a specific part of the text with the character panel. I realized that the letterspacing of the words before the selection decreased by nowhere (Big problem when you need to follow specific guidelines for clients 😅). I've recorded an example video with a multiple possibility of selections and the problem only appear when I have 2 lines of text and when I select 2 letters 🤷‍:male_sign:
Same thing for you or it's only me? 😅 (on v22.6.0)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. This is how "real" kerning with paragraph text works, regardless of metric or visual - the text will be fitted into the text block and the engine auto-adjusts the kerning overflow. If you don't want that, use conventional line text or a font with a fixed spacing/ kerning (monospaced).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to adjust kerning between two letters, place the cursor between the letters and press Alt/Option and the Left or Right arrow key. If you are trying to adjust the kerning between more than two letters, select all of the layers you want, press Alt/Option and Left or Right arrow to get the kerning setup the way you want it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at your video, I'd suggest checking the Paragraph justify options.  It looks to me like you might be using a "Justify All" or "Justify Last Left".

If you set it to "Left Align Text", does that resolve it?

paragraph.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines