• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit Range of Hues

Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that this will seem like an unusual request, but is it possible to limit the range of hues that a layer displays?  For example, let's say I take a solid color layer, put it at the top of the composition, and then use the hue blending mode.  In that situation, I have limited the hue of the layers beneath it to a single value.  However, I may want to eliminate other colors by having them "remapped" to others.  For example, let's say I'm trying to keep a color scheme of red, purple, and blue.  However, I notice that some green has popped up somewhere through my excessive layer blending and there's no easy way to eliminate it.  If I had a way to limit the hue range of all the colors, I could still keep the other colors that currently show up as red, blue, and purple identical while anything in another range (such as green) automatically becomes purple, red, or blue to keep the color scheme consistent.  Is there any way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Colorama, Tritone, Tint and other such effects preceded by the necessary adjustments for contrast and brightness such as Levels and Curves. You are simply using a wrong approach.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colorama, Tritone, Tint and other such effects preceded by the necessary adjustments for contrast and brightness such as Levels and Curves. You are simply using a wrong approach.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Colorama is the first and probably easiest choice for something like this. I'd have to see the UI and no some more details to be sure but you can assign any color to any hue range and assign as many as you like using Colorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines