• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linear/Radial Gradient

Guide ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to know in the stroke option Linear/Radial Gradient will only show in black and white colour. 

1.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

The icons only show what kind of gradient you wish to apply. After applying a gradient, you double-click the color in the Toolbar or in the Shape/Gradient Fill property of the timeline to edit the colors.

Type "shape layer" in the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects for detailed instructions on working with Shape Layers.

You should probably also spend some time with the User Guide and in the Learn workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icons only show what kind of gradient you wish to apply. After applying a gradient, you double-click the color in the Toolbar or in the Shape/Gradient Fill property of the timeline to edit the colors.

Type "shape layer" in the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects for detailed instructions on working with Shape Layers.

You should probably also spend some time with the User Guide and in the Learn workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Earlier I followed User Guide. But it became a problem in later stage because attached files are very older versions (2018 & 2019). Nowadays even one year is very old because things are rapidly changing.  I had to struggle to find out the differences, because my application is latest version. If you are an adept in the subject then only you can easily understand the difference.

I made a complaint about this to Adobe management they said “application option was individual choice we were nothing to do with that”. Therefore User Guide is useless for new people but it is good for people those who already know the subject.

I usually refere to YouTube with latest application when I have problem, it worked very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be honest, I have never seen that screen before, I always use the Stroke or Gradient Stroke properties from the timeline.

Shape Layers can be a little odd with regards to coordinates.  Each layer has its own anchor and position, but each shape on a layer also has its own anchor and position.  When you apply a gradient stroke, you get start and end points.

Making sure the Select tool is selected and the gradient is selected, you should be able to see the two points which control the gradient.  You can either move these in the timeline or drag them in the comp window.

helped.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines