• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

linear wipe

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using After Effects. I'm creating a linear wipe for a logo to disappear from right to left . For some reason, after I scroll past the mid point of the logo (right to left) a vertical gap appears and begins to get wider as I continue to scroll all the way to the left. I can't figure this out.  PLEASE HELP.  Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 6.52.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-23 at 6.53.19 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

I'm guessing your mask animation is not timed to the linear wipe properly. Animation can misalign especially if you are precomposing or easing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are any other effects applied to this layer? ...and which properties of linear wipe are you animating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no other effects.  I made a vertical rectangle mask.  I'm just following a tutorial I saw on YouTube After Effects Tutorial: Particles Logo & Text Animation - YouTube   My process was done this exact way up to minute 7.  The only thing different is I have an Illustrator logo made with different layers fade in at different times before.  After doing that part, I then picked all layers/ Pre-compose/ clicked (move all attributes into the new composition)/ Pre-compose again and clicked (Leave all attributes in...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to concur with louruiz​. This happens when other effects change the input buffer and mess e.g. with transparency. You may need to pre-compose.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any other effects though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not clear what the mask is for but the linear wipe effect is pretty straight forward. You might try applying linear wipe to each illustrator layer and have it reveal at different times instead of using masks. Then precompose all the layers to keep the entire logo together, If needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  It is very straight forward.  That's why I can't understand why this gap appears.It makes no sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the mask because Im making a trapcode particular later so that the logo shatters and disappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know "We don't pre-compose!!!". 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing your mask animation is not timed to the linear wipe properly. Animation can misalign especially if you are precomposing or easing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's EXACTLY what it was!  Just figured it out before I read this.  THANK YOU for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines