• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to invisible parameter

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it possible somehow to use in expressions an invisible parameter of an effect? I have in my effect a parameter which is marked with PF_PUI_INVISIBLE and I want to use it in an expression.

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

i don't see why not. you can refer to in the expression by it's name or index even though it's invisible. is that not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is no, just based on experiments with "INVISIBLE"=true parameters in pseudo effects. Those you apparantly can't access by name, match name, or index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to have expressions on invisible params but I'm unsure if other expressions can then link to that hidden param.

Perhaps it's possible if you unhide the param, setup the expression, and then hide it again? Or will that give you an expression error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see why not. you can refer to in the expression by it's name or index even though it's invisible. is that not the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, everyone for replies. I've made some experiments: I can't use an invisible effect parameter by name or by match name (I've got an error that property is missing or doesn't exists), but I forgot to check access by index and it worked. An invisible parameter can be accessed by its index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines