Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked Files breaking because my Mac is storing them on the cloud

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 22.1.1

I'm having trouble keeping my files linked. 

I add my files to the project panel (which takes a little effort because they're stored on the cloud and not on my hardrdrive, so it has to download again before I can use it anywhere), and drag it into my composition.

I'd leave the window for a bit (less than an hour) and come back and all my file links are broken. I try to reload them, but it says "No file found at" that location. But it is the correct file path. When I look in my finder, it has the cloud icon next to the file. Once I download it again in the Finder, I can go back to AE and "Reload Footage" and it works. 

Does anyone know how I can keep my files in a place that After Effects can reach and keep my links intact?

Thanks,

😄

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so it just happened again, while I was still using AE within 5 mintues of loading the files. 

I had tried creating a folder for my assets within the sime folder as the AE project, but this isn't working either. 

I'm feel like this is more of a Mac problem than an After Effects issue, but if anyone has any ideas for how to fix this, it would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines