• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking 2 comps together

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I'll be easily understood but need help with linking compositions in AE (if I'm using the terms right)! I've managed to duplicate 2 comps that are supposed to link to each other. For example I'm doing a countdown fireworks animation and I've changed the number to "2" in one text comp, but the effects in the other comp is still showing "3". How do I link them together such that the fireworks will show the number 2 instead of 3? Screengrabs attached. Any help is greatly appreciated :')

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no intrinsic "linking" of duplicated comps. You have to replace the layer inside your duplicate comp, meaning that in your case you have to add your logo/ text 06 to your fireworks 06. Since presumably the 05 version of the text is still there you can Alt+drag the duplicated comp onto the existing one to replace it. In any case, you may want to read the online help on some basics. Even modifying template projects requires at least some understanding of AE's internal mechanics.

After Effects User Guide

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines