• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking keyframe curves on several layers

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you in the most efficient way possible approach having several layers that you want to be able to change the keyframe curve of?

One example

I have this curve which I am fine with at this point, but I might want to change it later:

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 16.16.07.png

If the following was the setup, it would be easy. I would copy one which i did the change on, and paste on the others.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 16.17.00.png

But let’s say I have a slightly more complex setup with the layers skewed a bit down the timeline. If I would have 30 layers, it will be far too big a job to copy and paste to each individual one, just to test if this was a better curve.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 16.17.55.png

Is there an integrated and simple way to link these layers to a controlling layer, so that you can fine tune the curve over and over again? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could be as trivial as an expression liek this:

xRef=thisComp.layer("Reference").transform.position;
xDel=0.5; // delay in seconds

xRef.valueAtTime(time-inPoint-xDel);

This can then be modified as you need like tying the delay to a slider or refining other stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines