Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Text to an ANIMATED path

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have a really simple problem. I want my text to be placed on a path, but this path has the shape layer effect "wiggle paths" on it. It's basically supposed to be a lace that moves in the wind, with text written on it. But i can't find any help with text on animated shape layers. I know that I can place text on a path with a mask, but that isn't enough because the mask need to have the shape layer effect "wiggle paths" on it.

Really hope someone can help!

Danny

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only link to a Mask Path on the Text Layer - not to another layer nor to a Shape Layer's Content>Path property.

One option is to use the Auto-trace feature on the Wiggled Shape Path as this creates a Solid Layer with a Mask Path. You can then copy-paste this Mask Path onto the Text Layer. HTH

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of using the Wiggled Shape Path, you could try to apply the Sine Wave iExpression to the path included in my paid extension iExpressions). You can also bake the expression to convert it to keyframes. You need to use the "Bend along other path" feature of the expression to make the sine wave follow your original path.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines