• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo reveals image underneath?

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to create the amateur trick of a white logo on a black screen that changes to reveal an image through it. Then the logo zooms in to reveal the full image. As one example, this trick is used at the beginning of every Stranger Things episode, as the name of the chapter reveals the scene behind it.

I have two layers, the logo (an AI file) on top and the image below. I set the bottom layer track matte to alpha the one above it and get the look I want, but I actually want the logo to start in white then slowly reveal the image through it. I was thinking that would involve keyframes on opacity, but no, that just makes the logo disappear.

Tips? Links? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The simplest way: add a copy of the logo file as the top layer and then use opacity to fade it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Such an obvious answer...yet my brain didn't offer it!

Thanks. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few ways for sure. You might use something like a fill effect to make this bottom layer totally white for example. Then you can access the Compositing Options of the fill effect to apply less of it, similar to how we might fade on the opacity of a layer, but it's the opacity of the effect. I hope that helps get you started in a good direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines