Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for specific Preview setting

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm currently an AE 2020 user.

When I adjust a setting with a slider in After Effects, such as change the brightness, the preview or change doesn't display in real time. Only until I release the mouse button do I see the change take place. Does anybody know where I can find the setting that changes this? Adobe's knowledge bank as well as the rest of the web is not much help here. I appreciate the help and hopefully this will be quick. Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

I had to select "Migrate Previous Version Settings". That worked.

Earlier today I had a chat with somebody at Adobe & they didn't even know about this feature _in their own program_. They want $20 a month from me yet they can't even help me find a checkbox. Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply sounds like an issue with your graphics hardware. Start by updating the graphics driver if possible. Anything beyond that will require much more specific details like actual system info, hardware acceleration settings, preview settings, contents of the composition and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confident that it is not a graphics issue. I actually tinkered with some setting that made it like that. Before it was fine. I accidentally clicked somewhere where three smaller screens showed up above the composition panel and was looking for how to get rid of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to select "Migrate Previous Version Settings". That worked.

Earlier today I had a chat with somebody at Adobe & they didn't even know about this feature _in their own program_. They want $20 a month from me yet they can't even help me find a checkbox. Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think releasing the mouse button to see the changes is pretty standard.  I always say After Effects is not Premiere Pro with VFX, it's Photoshop with Time.  As the software becomes more flexible and computers more powerful, these lines blur, but the way Premiere handles video or Audition handles sound, does not hold for After Effects.  AE builds up frames in the ram to preview, it can do it so quickly now that it can appear to be real time.  You can make changes like you're describing in PP, because it processes the video first when importing, then applies the effects during playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines