Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loop expressions broken

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Ae. 22.4.0 on an M1iMac.

In the latest update LoopIn & LoopOut expressions seem to be broken when I try to use them on time remap (as I always do when using a pre-comped loop in a longer comp). Getting weird glitches as if it is not obeying the end keyframe of the loop but rather playing the "last" frame of the precomp (i.e. a blank frame).

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you apply time remapping to a movie or a nested comp the last keyframe is always at the start of the first frame past the end frame. If you just the j and k keys to jump back and forth between the first and last keyframes, there will be nothing visible in the comp panel because that keyframe is the time one frame after the layer has ended.

You have to move back one frame (Ctrl/Cmnd + left arrow) so that there is something to see, set a new keyframe, then use the k key to move to the last keyframe and delete it for loopOut() to work properly. It has always been that way. If you just keep the original keyframes you will always get an empty frame at the start of each successive loop because that frame is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines