Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lottie Extension with After Effects 2022

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm having a dickens of a time with getting the Lottie extension to work with AE 2022. I downloaded the extension from:

https://lottiefiles.com/plugins/after-effects

And then I downloaded an installer from:

https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

This part seems to work, but when I go to Window -> Extensions -> Lottie Files, AE freezes up for a moment and then... nothing at all happens.

Given the ratings and the reviews of the Lottie extension in the store, I've come to understand that the current version of AE doesn't really like this extension. I don't want to download an old version of AE just for Lottie. Does anyone know of a way that I can get this to work? If not, are there any comparable things to get animation for websites that play nicely with WordPress/Elementor?

(I also tried another installer. Anastasy's or something like that - I can't remember the name. It didn't work either.)

Specs:

AE 2022

Windows 11

i9 10900

64GB

3080ti

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the workaround described here help?

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-cep-extension-won-t-open/

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, that worked! Thank you so much!   : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome 🙂

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines