Exit

Low Quality Exports

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am making my project in After Effects, it looks like this:

ae1.jpg

I am experiencing 2 problems. 1, I wanted the video file to be a transparent export, not the grey color I chose before I started. I do not have the option to export with RGB + Alpha Channel. The thing was greyed out. The main issue was that even though I exported at 1920x1920 and had fine-tuned the settings for decent quality video it ended up looking like this:

ae2.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

MP4/ H.264 does not support Alpha/ transparency and will always degrade the quality. Not as much as is visible in your screenshot, but still always, regardless. That said, the extreme degradation is likely due to picking a way too low data rate in the render settings, but without any exact info on what you actualyl used and what you are trying to achieve we can't realyl tell you much. You need to be more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Debes exportar con un contenedor y códec que soporte Alpha, como un Apple ProRes 4444 para arriba. Y no solo por el Alpha, además si deseas mantener una degradación sin líneas que separan las tonalidades tienes que exportar con un códec que soporte mínimo 10bpc de profundidad de color, el H.264 soporta 8bpc. Con el Apple ProRes 4444 tienes 12bpc y también soporta canal Alpha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Slendy Slurpy,

Thanks for writing in. We'd need more details in order to understand the issue better.

Where did you choose the gray color? Did you create a solid with gray color to be used as a background? Also, what are your export settings?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4/ H.264 does not support Alpha/ transparency and will always degrade the quality. Not as much as is visible in your screenshot, but still always, regardless. That said, the extreme degradation is likely due to picking a way too low data rate in the render settings, but without any exact info on what you actualyl used and what you are trying to achieve we can't realyl tell you much. You need to be more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported to .avi and now the quality is fine. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debes exportar con un contenedor y códec que soporte Alpha, como un Apple ProRes 4444 para arriba. Y no solo por el Alpha, además si deseas mantener una degradación sin líneas que separan las tonalidades tienes que exportar con un códec que soporte mínimo 10bpc de profundidad de color, el H.264 soporta 8bpc. Con el Apple ProRes 4444 tienes 12bpc y también soporta canal Alpha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines