• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LUT in Linear Color Space!

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a solution on how to apply a LUT in linear color space and getting the same results as in non-linear (where the footage looks correct). 

Any ideas?? Thanks so much!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

i was just playin around with some checkboxes ...and these settings in the color profile converter (before and after the LUT) did the trick ... i get the "same" image in linear and non linear color space! i'd be glad if yomeone could explain that a little deeper ... (i linearize my incoming footage .. apply a LUT and de-linearize it again?)

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to create a new LUT/ color profile that contains the difference which can be done in PS or Lumetri.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! thanks! but is there a mathematically correct way to create such a LUT/porfile? not just eyeballing? I mean ... there's got to be a way. but 've tried a couple of things. nothing works 100% correct .. like in Nuke for example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was just playin around with some checkboxes ...and these settings in the color profile converter (before and after the LUT) did the trick ... i get the "same" image in linear and non linear color space! i'd be glad if yomeone could explain that a little deeper ... (i linearize my incoming footage .. apply a LUT and de-linearize it again?)

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this works but you need to set the gamma space your footage in as the input. i.e Rec 709 2.4 gamma etc
Same for the out on the Profile that comes after the LUT.

Thanks a lot. Headache over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines