Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M1 Max issues with After Effects 22.5.0

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Having a few issues with AE since the officially supported M1 versions were released, namely:

font changes and transform property adjustments do not update in real time. There is a delay of around 1 second when making any adjustment which really slows me down.

I'm unable to save older projects after opening them in AE, so any changes I make are not reflected.

Rendering times are occassionally outrageously slow (across AE, ME and even the third party plugin Anubis). This seems to be fixed with a restart, but is really frustrating. 

I feel a bit like Adobe have released a broken/unfinished product here and I'm not sure what to do next, short of a full reinstall of CC. System specs below:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) running mac OS Monterey

Apple M1 Max
64GB Ram

AE 22.5.0

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opted for the full reinstall of Adobe CC, seems to have solved the issues with older projects, and it generally does seem a little quicker. But the slow parameter adjustments remain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, yes, im having the same problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having these issues. Really laggy with slow rendering even after a clean install. It's beyond frustrating.

2019 Mac Pro 16-Core, 96 GB RAM, W5700X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effect 22.5 render is still very very slow !!!!

It's a nightmare on  MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), OS Monterey, Apple M1 Max, 64GB Ram, 1 To.

It was faster on my 4 years old macbook pro.

Please do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same laggy response here (no real time update) when changing any layer parameter (position, scale, ....)
Adobe After Effects 22.6
OS Monterey 12.6
Mac Studio M1 Ultra 48 GPU, 128Gb memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, having the same problems:

Macbook Pro M1 Max 32GB ram

Not just After Effects, finding a lot of the suite not working great: Media Encoder, Photoshop, Lightroom as well as AE. Pro Res renders don't always render correctly with a big chunk of the final output with slabs of green all over the video or just a blank render. I've updated to the latest 22.6 and 22.5 with similar issues.

AE is just all over the place - my 2013 Macbook Pro performed better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines