• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook M1 Pro vs versus the rest of the world

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am thinking of buying a laptop to work mainly with After Effects, Ps. I need a portable computer for some pretty heavy 4k projects. I watched a lot of tests that showed that there is only one king - the Apple M1. I took the cheapest option for testing, i.e. the Macbook Air M1. Works great. I have the impression that the work itself is very smooth, but the rendering time of some scenes is comparable and some 3x longer than my desktop computer (AMD Rysen 39000x 12core 3.79 Ghz 64 Ram). I ordered and waiting for Macbook Pro M1 Pro 16 '10 core CPU and 16 core GPU, 16 GB of RAM. The tests show that it is a bit faster than the basic M1 version. Does anyone have experience with these processors and can advise me something? I know the M1 Max would be better but it is beyond my budget. Maybe it's better to take something with Intel for Windows? I would like some advice. Thank you.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be sure you're using the latest AE release that support the M1 processor, you can read more here https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2022/04/12/new-in-after-effects-native-apple-m1-support-integrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have the latest AF upgrade installed. I read this article but my effects are weak. I tested the M1 with a different Intel i7 processor and it's render times are similar at best. I tested on an 8 year old i7 and in a project with median and bilateral blur and it was almost 2x faster than the M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solo por las dudas, asegúrate de tener activado el Multi-Frame Rendering en las preferencias de Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I checked it first 🙂 I have it turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines