Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro M1- Puget Benchmarks

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Am trying to determine which 16inch Macbook Pro would be suitable for moderate adobe after effects use. 
Was looking at the base model, M1 Pro 16Gb memory, though uncertain if this would be sufficient for moderately complex 1-2min animated explainer videos, such as this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Z2i5JZFeZHs&feature=emb_logo

In order to get a better idea of how the differnet Macbooks perform with after effects, I was wondering if anyone is able to explain the drastically different After effects puget benchmark scores from Macbooks with similarly similar or identical specs in the attached screenshots?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PugetBench would be a great way to find performance benchmarks, but I just don't think it's very reliable, and this is the reason. You can get drastically different results with practically the same system. And that is usually because of settings configured in each of these computers. Different people use different settings.

The computer you are thinking of getting, in my opinion, would be pretty suitable for this type of animation. Especially if you are editing in 24-30fps, I think it will work fine. 

However, don't take my word for it. Research a little more on the best laptops for motion animation and investigate if this one is good for you.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

16gb ram? depends on how many layers and resolution size. for AE, 32gb is a good spot to be.

16 is kinda wing'en it since everyone uses 4k now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines