Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook specs for After effect ?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I am a video editor and I'd like to try and learn the After Effects software. The problem is that i don't know if my macbook air is powerful enough to support After effects, I'd like your advicee before I buy the license:

here are my specs:

MacBook Air running on MacOS Big Sur (13 pouces, début 2015)

Processor: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 double cœur

Memory: 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphism: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 Mo

Many thanks in advance for your precious help,

Laurène

TOPICS
How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will work, but it won't be particularly fun and you may irun into all sort of issues with your comparatively weak and unreliable integrated intel graphics, latest when the MacBook gets hot under duress and crashes. AE is very resource intense and those lightweight mobile computers are simply not meant for this kind of work. It will be adequate for following some basic tutorials and a few simple projects, but in the long run you will likely need a beefier computer for real work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very useful, many thanks. Would you recommand a specific Macbook for using AE in a professional way ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am currently testing AE on a basic MacMini with an M1 chip and I am blown away by the performance. It's the best money I have ever spent on a machine. Premiere Pro is already Universal (M1 compliant) and I expect AE to follow soon. I'm using an external SSD for all creative cloud program files and storage. I'll publish a review soon. If you plan on sticking with a Mac, I think the M1 Macs are going to be great. That is where I'm going.

Here's a tutorial I just produced on the M1 Mac Mini.

All of my new tutorials are produced using the Mac Mini. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines