MACOSX: double click on file (psd, aep,...) opens Program, but not the file

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound strange, but it is quite annoying. If I don't have the program (AE) alredy open and I click on a file to open it, the program opens but it doesn't automatically open the file as well. I have to click on the file again to open it. This may not sound like a problem, but when the program crashes and tries to automatically reopen the file, it doesn't open it.... so some data is lost that would actually be safe. 

But that's not the only side effect. It takes up to twice clicking on a file to open it.

This happens on my Mac with all Adobe Suite programs.... Is there a fix or setting to avoid this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Halegger.at

That's weird!

Can you screen record the behavior in After Effects and share that here? 

When you right-click on the AEP > Get Info > Open with, is it correctly set to open in the latest version of After Effects? 

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for teh reply:

I usually always keep my system uptodate with latest versions of software.
Rightklick on file says: >> open with... >> Adobe After effects 2022" (default)

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 15.25.47.png

I cant screenrecord it now but that's the procedure:
1) I double klick on a file
2) AE opens :
3) POPUP appears:
When AE starts, the usual popup appears with info that some of my plugins only work if I start it in Rosetta mode (which is now disabled because I don't need any of the plugins for this project and the program runs more stable).
I click the Ok button and then the program is ready....but the file is not opened...

4) Double click the file again: 
5) start to work 🙂

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 15.26.23.png

 PS: when I doubleclick on a  photoshop-, illustrator- or indesign file there is no Pup up, but it stops in the HOME screen, and I have to double click the file again to open it in the program.

It's such an annoying behavior, but I don't know what it is or what's causing it... I'm sure its a checkbox somewhere hidden :).. or a security setting somewhere.

I can live with it, but I would appreciate it to go away 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines