• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main comp audio heard in pre-comp

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a main comp that will include an audio track, that has music and voice over. In that main comp, there will also be multiple pre-comps in sequence.

I want to be able enter into the pre-comps and make edits that correspond with the voice over audio in the main comp. I want to be able to hear the audio from the main comp, while I'm in the pre-comp. So I can make changes in the pre-comps that correspond to the audio, without having to go back to the main comp. But I don't want a separate audio track in each pre-comp. I want an alias, if you will, of the audio from the main comp, to be heard in the pre-comp.

ae-audio.jpg

Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there's no such thing as an audio layer alias.  You'll have to include them in your nested comps if you want to hear them.

I've had to do this myself on a number of occasions.  Writing down times for the nested comps' in & out points is helpful.  If you want to render out the main comp with audio and no interference from the nested comp audio, just turn off the little speaker icon on the nested comp layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a $10 plugin that does it.

Universal Audio - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. That does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines