• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Main Comp/Render doesn't match nested comp

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could use a little help on a project I'm currently working on.

I have a main comp with a nested comp.  In the nested comp, I have particular effect parented to a 3D null, which is parented to a 3D layer.  The placement is perfect in the nested comp, but in the main comp, the null placement is not in the correct spot.  The null/particular effect also renders in the wrong spot.  The frame rate of both comps is exactly the same.  I have deleted my cache...are there any solutions I should try?  What am I missing here?  Thanks in advance! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good chance you mess up things by having collapsed transformations enabled, which is a big no-no in such scenarios. Either way, you haven't really provided any useful info to help diagnose the situation like screenshots for instance, so you'd have to be more specific or else this ends up being a pointless guessing game.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I wasn't able to get screen shots until today, but here's what I have at the moment.  I don't have collapse transformation on in either comp.  The main comp doesn't match what's in the nested comp at the same frame.  This happens about two or three times throughout the project that uses the nested comp, but it looks correct for about 90% of comps that use that same nested comp.  All comps have the same exact frame rate.  What am I missing?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are trying to say. Your screenshots are from completely different time points in the animation as apparently the nesting is not synchronized to use the same time. Whatever underlying trickery is going on here in terms of effects or expressions would inevitably yield a different result if time-based calculations are involved. You may want to check the comp settings for comp start times and all that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both comps are actually the same exact point in the animation despite the frame number on the outer main comp.  I was able to resolve it for anyone else who may have this issue.  The nested comp had 3D layers and used the Front camera.  In the main comp, I needed to Collapse Transforms for the nested comp and choose the Front camera to match the view of the nested comp.  Resolved the issue perfectly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines