• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an alien planet using Video Copilot Orb

Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this video, I show my preferred way of creating a texture for a new world. Rather than get stuck trying to force Fractal Noise to create randomness, I simply take a photo of a paving slab and once cropped show how to use masks and the colorama effect to quickly make a cool, natural looking surface. Then using Turbulent Displace I create oceans which are pretty random but still under my control.

Once it's applied to Video Copilot's free Orb plugin, I then use the same texture to make a normal map and specular map. I cover illumination options too and then add clouds and an atmosphere.

In this video, I’m making a M-Class world, but the techniques I cover could be applied to any type of rocky planet. Along the way, I drop loads of useful shortcuts and tips for using After Effects. Hopefully you'll be inspired by how easy it is to make a complex looking, realistic planet.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ShiveringCactus

I love the fact that you used a real-world example in this project. Very thoughtful! 👏🏻

This reminded me of Andrew Kramer's presentations at NAB, where he talks about and inspires people to use real-world objects in their projects. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines