Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

making an animated trend graphic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

i am trying to make an animated (crypto chart) trend with candles like you see on the crypto exchanges.

I made the candles (bars) using element 3D and want to animate these ( so bigger and smaller) just arround the Y-axis in after effects.element 3d setup.PNG

i noticed there is no option in after effects to scale "channels" in a group just in the Y-axis.

So what im doing now is divide a candle in 2 parts (channels in a group) and alter the position in the Y-axis in AE to make them move up and down.

This is not getting me the effect i want and takes up a whole lot of Groups and channels if i want to fill the whole base plate.

overview candles.PNG

Is there an easier way to achieve this, keeping the reflections on the (metal) base plate and animate the candles (bars) seperatly by just moving the scale (Y-axis only) of one bar.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Richard

system : Ryzen 5 / Gforce RTX 2060 Super 8 GB RAM / 16GB RAM

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E3D is not really meant for this kind of work. At best you could perhaps blend/ morph between two groups - one with the flat bars, the other with the ones in the end position, then sweep through with a falloff. I did a bunch of demos using that approach way back then. Otherwise you likely will have better luck setting this up in Cinema 4D or any other proper 3D program. Using otehr 3D-ish plug-ins like Trapcode TAO may also be an option...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allright, in already trying to get this to work in blender but its a whole new learning curve.

Thanks for the response 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines