Mask's path burning into movement within puppet animation

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I've attatched a 2s video that highlights my problem. Pay attention to the cat's tail after it rotates onto screen. The mask's path seems to be burning itself in, and I'm running dry on ideas. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is going on in your comp. A more informative upload would be the problem layer soloed and the modified properties revealed. 

I am guessing that you wanted to add a cat's tail but you needed to create a mask on the layer. Puppet Pin does not work with animated layers or animated masks. The distortion map is locked in when you set the first pin and any movement in the frame of any kind will foul up a puppet pin animation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Alpha Add blending mode for the masked layer. Otherwise indeed more info woulkd be required, including screenshots of the timelien and actual settings.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines