Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask/Shrink a spotlight's field

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm doing a project in the 3d space and I was wondering how to limit the area affected by a spotlight. There is just one little rectangle I want much lighter than everything else (brightness and contrast effects won't work because this is a 3d project so they will have a very small), however, when I get a spotlight onto it, it also brightens the rest of the scene. Is there any way to mask the spotlight or shrink it entirely?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the Falloff option, disabled by default. Double click on a Light layer to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've turned it to smooth, now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Smooth is not the best option, lights in real world uses the Inverse square algorithm (more intensity near the light). You can use the Radius parameter to set the falloff distance.

On the other hand, you can control in any 3D layer if the later itself receives ligths under the Material Options category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines