Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

masking issue

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 7.38.10 PM.png

everytime i try to mask a clip, it doesn't mask like it is supposed to. can someone help me???

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kibe5EB7,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind sharing more details on what's happening so that we can understand and troubleshoot the issue properly?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. What I did is click on the masking tool and mask the shape that I wanted ( which is a square ). However, it never masks. The effects I had on were twixtor and motion tile ( which I have tried removing but unfortunatly, there was no difference ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please provide a complete screengrab rather than a cropped one, preferably with the Mask parameters visible on the problem layer, so we can see the full UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using any effect on the same layer? Some filters like Corner Pin or Power Pin (and some other) can cause the mask to not properly shown when masking (remember that AE renders masks, then effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the twixtor plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Twixtor is a complicated plugin and while I've never used it, I've hlped others out with it before.  You need to precompose your footage and apply Twixtor to the precomp.  Any masking should be done inside the precomp (I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll reiterate my post above: we can make a million guesses about the cause, but if you press UU to reveal all changed properties on the problem layer, then post a screengrab of the whole screen, it will be far easier to diagnose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines