Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 22.5 (Build 57) H264 export image remix

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Since the update to the latest Media Encoder I'm permanently running into issues making the encoder basically useless.

I'm trying to convert a video into H264. Shouldn't be that hard of a task right?

The videos are in a 1:1 aspect with square pixels and a size of 1920x1920.

I've tried different source formats, the result is always the same.

This is how it looks like:

merbrich_0-1657805229204.png

I've tried several settings, using hardware and software eoncoding, different sizes and bitrates. So I already did a lot of troubleshooting without success.

We didn't change anything, this is our standard workflow which out of nowhere produces these kind of results. 

Does anyone know this issue and how to solve it?

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi merbrich,

Welcome to the community.

Would you mind sharing more details on the actual issue? Is it the preview quality, resolution, or something else? Also, are you on macOS or Windows?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

sure!

It's a Windows machine.

My actual issue is that the encoded video looks like the image I've provided. That's the result of the encoded video. Every frame of the video is looking like this.

All I'm doing is drag&drop the video into the encoder using the H264 preset leaving all settings the same and taking resolution and such from the source clip. 

The machine has been updated with new graphics drivers (latest) which didn't help.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the frame supposed to look like? Just posting a cropped screenshot of the result does not give us much to go on. 

It would also be good if we saw a timeline with the modified properties of the project revealed. 

Have you tried rendering a production master using the Render Queue and the default Hogh Quality Output Module preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image is NOT cropped, this is the result as I described in my previous post. 

I'm not using any timeline, it's just a conversion from a MOV (DnxHD) file, which is my master to h264.

So just to make this clear, the result of this conversion is a video that looks exactly like the screenshot I've posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines