Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Crashes When Rendering AE Projects

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I'm new to using these programs, I'm just starting college classes. My professor hasn't really taught us how to use the programs although we were expected to buy and use them. I have a project (a couple clips, some text, and music; barely 3 minutes long) that was due last night but the upload was taking so long. I found out that the file had exported as 12GB and the platform I was uploading the file to was not enjoying that. I tried using Media Encoder to get a smaller file but it gets 11 seconds into the video, freezes, then crashes. When I render in AE it's fine, but the file is too large. Is this a computer problem, a wifi problem, an adobe problem, or just user error?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what resolution video you're trying to output. This information would be helpful. Also maybe try a smaller frame size on the preset that you're outputting to. I'd try outputting to H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pumpkin Penguin,

Thanks for writing in.

After Effects generating a big file is expected. Media Encoder crashing is not. Are you exporting the After Effects project Media Encoder or importing the 12GB file in Media Encoder and transcoding it? If your project is time sensitive, I'd suggest importing your 12 GB file into Media Encoder and transcoding it as H.264.

Do you see any error message when Media Encoder crashes? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines