Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder hangs when connecting to project

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an AE comp using a layered PSB file (3000px x 1688px @72ppi) which plays back just inside of AE. When I send to Media Encoder and hit render it just sits on "connecting to project" forever!! At this stage my work around ex exporting a png seq from AE then importing that back and sending to Media Encoder to export as H264. Not ideal. Any suggestions welcome

Using AE and ME 2020

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That comp size does not fit into any standard format. It could be the root of your problem. Until you are an expert in video compression and formats stick with standard composition settings and formats. 

If this is the same project you were asking about that was having a 3D layer disappear then there are other problems with the project. Please check your other post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice Rick. My source files are that size so I can zoom in without losing resolution. My AE comp is 1920 x 1080 so I don't think this is the root cause as I've worked with much higer res files at non-standard ratios with no problems at all.

The other project you mentioned was posted by me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but since people here are still having issues (including me), it's important to note that there is nothing wrong with a non-"standard" format. That used to be an issue with AVID and FCP way back, but non-"standard" formats have been around for more than a decade. In this day and age, if the app can't handle a non-"standard" format seemlesly without you being an "expert" in codecs, it should simply exit the market. No excuses.

The real cause is - surprise - Media Encoder is just increadibly terrible. That's all. "Standard" formats or not, complex or simple projects, half the time it simply refuses to do what it's supposed to. And the work around as the original poster suggested, is to render from AE as a ProRes, then import into Media Encoder for transcode to a secondary codec. This is terrible for your pipeline,  but it's the only reliable solution I've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm currently having the same problem. Did you find any solutions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been around since 2017. Adobe support just keeps marking the issue as resolved. They are never going to fix AME, they will just keep coming up with work arounds and try to tell you, you don't know how to use the software. Don't bother posting issues here. You are stuck with the problems you are facing. It's a shame, especially since you pay for the service. Every update breaks everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was getting really frustrating for me, to have Ae refusing to export my comps to AME queue, and when I dragged them and dropped them into the queue, it would be stuck on "connecting to project" forever!

I have just had this solved after chatting to Adobe support for 2 hours and Apple support for 15 minutes. 

Adobe support tried to trouble shoot what is wrong and I had to make a new user-account on my computer to see if Ae and AME were able to export. They were, so the Adobe support was able to conclude that it had something to do with my main user-accounts privileges. They told me to contact Apple support and tell them that the application works on my new user-account and not my main. I shared my screen with my Apple support and she told me what steps to do and within 15 minutes I was able to export like always! 

I recommend everybody who are facing this problem to: 

1. try to make a new user-acc

2. make a simple composition
3. see if Ae can export to AME and it renders out fine

4. if it does, contact Apple support and tell them that the application works on another user-acc and not main, then they know how to guide you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am als having this issue. Is there a solution coming? Also using AME 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... 
And without an apple.
Pretty anoing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines