• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Transmit randomly stops and starts working

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wonding if anybody else shares this issue. Whenever I'm using After Effects (I'm using latest version (17.5), but this has been happening for years), my video playback monitor stops mercury transmitting and brings up my computer desktop. (I say that because it's not an issue with the monitor itself crashing--the monitor is still on when it stops transmitting). Then, just as randomly, the monitor will begin mercury transmitting again a few minutes later. This happens continuously as I'm working.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

i9-9900k 8-core

RTX 2080 Black Edition (8GB VRAM)

64GB 3500mhz DDR4 RAM

ROG Maximus XI Wi-Fi MoBo

1920x1080 (x2) monitors + 3840x2160 client monitor

I have a theory that mercury transmit is "crashing" when it maxes out my VRAM (8GB). However, this theory doesn't hold up when I am watching my control panel. According to the control panel, I've never seen my VRAM above 6GB, and it usually hovers at 2GB. Even when pushing to three monitors, (Two 1080, one 4K), the graphs don't seem to indicate my GPU is being maxed out.

Adding to the confusion, mercury transmit never turns off while using Premiere. Only After Effects.

Is anyone else having an issue similar to this? And more importantly, how do I solve this? Upgrade GPU? Upgrade something else?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried replacing the cable it connects with? It may seem silly but try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that. (I should have put that in the original post.) Thanks for the response anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having an issue similar to this?

Yes, everyday and also for years. I just reinstalled Win10 to fix a different issue and I had hoped this would clear up with a fresh install of everything. I have had the problem with 3 different Nvidia cards, my current is a RTX 2070, so although it may be related to Nvidia, it is not card specific. I have a second editing system with nearly identical components and it never has this problem. Let me know if you find any solution, I will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had this problem for years using two different systems and two different types of Blackmagic cards to output so this is not limited to Nvidia cards. Feed stops on average every 5 mintues but occasionally can be within seconds of each other. The fix is to swtich comps which gets tedious. Anyone from Adobe care to step up and finally get to the bottom of this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines