• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MFR slows down to 1 frame after some time

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a strange situation where MFR will start out happily, renders about 20 concurrent frames for a while, then it slows down to 1 frame after about an hour or two of rendering. I have set it to purge memory every 1500 frames, and it doesn't seem to be hitting any out-of-memory errors. Once I kill the render and re-launch AE, the render starts where it left off at 20 concurrent frames, then slows down again. 

CPU will start out at 25-50%, then drags down to a crawl. 

egustal_0-1643055818852.png

The comps do use effects, none have the yellow warning icon. Effects used are time:echo and distort:turbulent displace. 

Output is JPG sequence. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just verified the secret purge settings have no effect. it happens regardless of purging. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any detailed info from your logs or external monitoring tools this is not meaning much, I'm afraid. You haven't even provided info about your system or the project contents, so with all respect, this is rather pointless.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi egustal,

Sorry for your issue!

• Are you on After Effects v22.1.1?
  • Can you provide detailed system specs?
  • Have you tried rendering to a different format?

Let us know.

We're here to help.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines