Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Mocha AE causes After Effects to crash

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started running into a serious problem which totally hindered the post production of our feature film. Every time I try to track via Mocha AE, it force closes After Effects with no warning or crash report. It just shuts down.

This happens each time I click on cancel when the "Suppressor Warning" menu pops up or if I do full resolution, this time AE shuts down as soon as I save Mocha tracking and exit. So basically exiting Mocha force closes AE without giving me any chance to save the project.

My system is Windwows 10 Pro. Ryzen 7 3700x 64 GB Ram.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that my video card is RX 5700 XT with the latest version 21.6.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here's the update. The problem is fixed when I rolled back to an earlier version which is 18.2.1. So, there's something wrong with your latest update which causes Mocha to crash AE.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the problem just came back. I turned the pc on and the first track immediately crashed AE as soon as I saved and closed Mocha. I'd appreciate any help. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines