Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mocha AE Perspective Grid is Totally Off

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a screen replacement. I've done this a bunch of times. For some reason, Mocha is not picking up on the perspective of the screen at all. Does anyone know what could be causing this? There's very little motion in the shot. I've tried creating throw away masks around all the light reflections on the screen, but it's still doing nothing for the perspective. Is it because the background is out of foucs? I've tried creating the tracking matt on all different parts of the screen. Nothing.  

Jack24443636o995_0-1669683616614.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things that stand out to me:

• Your screenshot is tiny, which could mean you don't even meet the system requirements and that is some drawing glitch.
  • Your screen is cut off at the bottom.
  • There's an awful lot of reflections that will inevitably cause trouble.
  • The tracking shape is all wrong. Why not use a simple rectangle around the actual logo?
  • No, out of focus areas don't matter if the tracker is placed correctly.
  • Lack of motion could be a problem indeed. You may have better luck with AE's own simple 2D tracker.

So more or less I thoink you're going about this the wrong way and the shot has been poorly prepared. Just tacking on a few post-it squares would have made it a million times easier. As it is, I would try to track the dot on the i and the three visible inner corners of the black frame, but mask out the rest.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myleniumn,

I agree that this isn't the best shot. I didn't shoot it. I've tried using a simple rectangle around the actual logo, as well as trying to track the dot on the i. The perspective grid still gets thrown way off. It's not a system requirement issue either. 

It's probably the reflections that are causing the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Surface Tool has not been turned on, so we cannot tell if you aligned the surface to the screen you are tracking. You must align the Surface (Blue Box with the S in the middle) with the corners of the planar surface to get the planar grid to align with the screen of the display.

If you did turn on the Surface Tool and properly align the corners with the screen, you might have clicked on the Expand The surface to the entire frame. It doesn't look like you did that, but it is a possibility.

There are a bunch of reflections on the screen, so you will have to modify your splines to eliminate them before you get a good surface track. I do not know what camera movement is in the shot, but I'm guessing that this shot may require a lot of work. I don't think the shot can be done in the Essentials workspace. You might want to switch to Classic, and you might want to spend a little time looking at some Basic Mocha AE training.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines