Mocha AE won't load

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the Mocha AE plugin today and it fails to launch. I also have Mocha Pro Installed (for Premiere as well) and that doesn't work either (nor in Premiere). I need to use the AE version because my employer doesn't have pro.

Please check out this video of the error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBLIxH3MhU

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zefrem7,

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Can you try running After Effects as administrator (right-click the After Effects icon and select Run as administrator)?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version, 22.4.

I tried administrator mode but that didn't help unfortunately. I am also in contact with BorisFX. Their suggestion was this (see below) but didn't work either:

With Adobe fully Closed, go into the Registry Editor.  Inside here, go into "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" and then into Software, and inside here, delete the "Imagineer Systems Ltd" folder in its entirety.

After that, with all Adobe programs still Closed, hold down the left-Shift key (that is, the one below the Caps Lock), and with the Shift key down, launch Premiere Pro (tell it to Clear the Cache if a message asks you), and keep the key down until Premiere Pro fully launches.  After that, Close Premiere Pro once it's fully up, release the Shift key, and then relaunch Premiere as normal, and then Close it again. 

After that, Restart Windows and try Mocha Pro in a Test Project in AE or Premiere Pro, and see if it works better now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu, just wondering if you had any other suggestions on this issue? Please see the respose from BorisFX below. Their solution did not work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines