• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOCHA CACHE ERROR

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, learning to use mocha and trying to do a simple track but I get this error message -- "Couldn't write file cache. Please ensure that the cache directory specified in preferences is not full or write protected."  I've done some small stuff like this already so I know it's not write protected and I cleared the project and global caches as well as rendered clips to no effect.  Under output settings and the cache directory tab Disk Space Available reads Not Available, not sure if that matters, but I haven't touched that.  Please help and thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change the path for the cache. As soon as you open Mocha, go to File > Preferences. You can set an alternative path for the cache as it looks like the default directory is write protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the right answer, but everything I do seems to be write protected.  I made a new folder and changed the path, write-protected, changed it in properties, didn't matter.  I'm the only person that uses this computer and I'm definitely the administrator so it doesn't make sense to me.  I've searched the internet and tried a few different things but none of that seems to help.  Under Security it says I have full control and can read, write, etc, but everything is coming out read only, very frustrating.  I've done command prompt:diskpart and a couple other things but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still having technical Mocha issues, I suggest that you log an official support case at Boris FX.

https://borisfx.com/support/open-a-case/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. Anyone found a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines