• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mogrt won't affect expression layers from After Effects project.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a "workaround" for a time-consuming process using Mogrts. In my daily routine, I currently have graphics that range in resolution that use a video asset as its border. In premiere, I have to place my top graphic (TG) on top of the background layer (BG). Then I scale the BG to border the TG as seen in this picture.
1.png

I have finally...painstakingly made an expression placed on the scale of the BG layer. It automatically changes the BG resolution to border a TG in After Effects. I can replace the TG using the "Replace Footage" option in the project tab of After Effects and it accomplishes the effect perfectly.

2.png

My issue is the expression of the BG layer isn't dynamic, and will not update whenever the TG layer is replaced in a Premiere Pro Mogrt. Is there a way that when I replace the TG inside of a Mogrt, the BG layer will automatically resize itself in the same manner? The picture below is currently what happens in the Mogrt when I use a graphic with a different resolution.

3.png

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately different templates cannot communicate with each other. This would have to be set up inside a single template in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you can only commuincate within a template, as each template is it's own AE project essentially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, so my takeaway is the premise of multiple layers reactively changing through expressions can't be baked into a Mogrt. Simply put, just the layer you selected when making the Mogrt can change under the resolution guidelines of the placeholder. Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically yea, a MOGRT can be reactive to items within itself, but not from outside factors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines