• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

more efficient way to page turn a stack of photos?

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to stack 15 photos and page turn them one at a time.

This is how I plan to do it:

drag 15 photos to 15 layers in AE

put page turn effect on first layer, and add key frames to start turning the photo at 1 sec, and finish turning at 1.5 second

copy and paste the page turn effect to the other 14 layers

at this point, all 15 layers start to turn at 1 sec, and finish turning at 1.5 sec

starting at layer 2, drag the layer right to offset it by 1 second from the above layer

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

Also, if at a later time I want to change the page turning time from 0.5 second duration to 0.25 second, I would need to go through all 15 layers to adjust the last keyframe. Is there a solution that allows me to adjust the duration just once and affect all 15 layers?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course you could add an expression that defines the duration. Would be as trivial as

mDur=this comp.layer("XYZ").effect("Duration")(1);

linear(time-inPoint,0,mDur,0,100);

All you need to do is create the controller layer and the slider and adjust the expression accordingly. Layers can most easily be staggered using the Sequence Layers keyframe assistant or similar scripts found on AEScripts.com.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines