Kingston 8gb DDR4
500gb HDD Hard disk

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure about the whole "older versions running faster" thing, but you should test out the versions yourself to see which one you like and which one works best. You can get CC 2022 & 2021 through the Creative Cloud desktop app. The rest you can download here https://prodesigntools.com/tag/download

(click the version you want under "direct download links" and find After Effects under there)

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have half of the recommended RAM, so don't expect to work on anything complex or higher rez than HD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on having worked on a wide range of workstastations, I'm going to have to say that there's no version of After Effects what will run well on that configuration.

You could try installing any version of After Effects that works with Windows 10; however, that configuraiton may not pass the Ssytem Compatiblity Report (Help > System Compatabiilty Report).

Assuming After Effects launches as expected, it might handle 640-by-480 well enough.  The default HDTV 1080 29.97 preset is going to be very, very slow.

Is there a way for you to upgrade to at least an i5 with 16GB of RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines