• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Blur while using CINEMA4D as the Composition Renderer

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some extruded shapes in my composition using the CINEMA4D Renderer; how do I do the motion blur?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Precomp your C4D composition. Apply your motion blur effect to that.

And, yes, you're right, the C4D renderer currently does not support motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable motion blur on the layers, adjust the options in the Composition Settings Advanced Tab, and make sure you have Motion Blur preview turned on in the Composition Panel. If you don't know what I'm talking about then type Motion Blur in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and study the help files. Everything you need to know about how to do it is in there in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I am using the C4D renderer and not the classic 3d renderer. The built-in motion blur is disabled as far as I know. Although I can't seem to get Pixel Motion Blur to do its' thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Precomp your C4D composition. Apply your motion blur effect to that.

And, yes, you're right, the C4D renderer currently does not support motion blur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah there it is, that did the trick. Thank you for that!

All of you guys are awesome by the way... I lurk Creative Cow and these forums all the time, and usually always find what I am looking for. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was tired. I completely missed that you were using the C4D rendering engine.

To enable motion blur when you are using the extrusion or bending tools available in a comp with the C4D renderer all you have to do is nest that comp in a new comp with the Classic Rendering engine enabled and then collapse transformations. That's all there is to it. Here's all of the modified properties of both comps revealed and the composition settings for Comp 2 showing a jacked up shutter angle to exaggerate the effect: If the angle is right you're done, if not you need to use another copy of the extruded comp without collapse transformations turned on. This will work well if the extrusion is not too extreme.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 12.33.04 PM.png

If that does not give you what you want then you can simply add the CC Force Motion Blur effect to the nested layer and adjust the shutter angle to match your other movement. The only problem with CC Force Motion Blur is the render time. It can get pretty crazy when combined with extruded layers.

When you are using the C4D renderer and you need things like blend modes you can access almost everything on the disabled list by simply nesting the comp in a comp with a the Classic 3D Renderer enabled. You just have to play with the collapse transformations modes to make some of them work and sometimes you have to nest then nest (pre-compose) again to get the rendering order to do what you want it to do.

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 12.35.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tips, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to create 3d circle in cinema 4d render engine but when i am exporting composition in another composition then not able to remove background but when i am switching rehnder engine to classic 3d then its working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have achieved a similar motion blur effect by adding an adjustment layer and applying Pixel Motion Blur Effect directly to my Comp with Cinema 4D Rendering enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines