• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Graphics Template (MOGRT) Replacement Media with audio?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

I made a mogrt template that requires me to use the replacement media feature in Premiere. The feature is great, and the template works except for one thing: even though I have clips with audio (and the audio track enabled) in After Effects before exporting my template, the MOGRT in Premiere does not use the audio of the clips I use as replacement media. I'd like the replaced media to respect the audio settings of the AE file's layer. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Audio , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope and you're not doing yourself any favors insisting on it. AE is terrible at sound processing and the slightest temporal  misalignment would cause resampling and quality loss. Given that Premiere can easily handle sound that doesn't make much sense, anyway. Why would you not simply insert the sound underneath the template?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really isn't a good answer. I work for an organization where we have custom audio files that need to be distributed as part of a mogrt file and the idea of a template is to be able to put into a timeline, both audio and video, what visuals and audio are approved and usable and have been rights approved. We could distribute the files separately, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the mogrt (at least for audio)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, why would you? Do you use a toothbrush to paint your fence? No offense, but it's about choosing the right tool and if you are using AE by ways of a MOGRT to handle audio, then for all intents and purposes you're using a rusty hand-cranked drill. I don't even follow your argument. What would be the problem with directly relinking/ replacing the files in Premiere based on a approved audio library, with all clips mixed and trimmed already to the correct lengths? It's not like this was a problem when MOGRTs weren't even conceived and you had to do it, anyway...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually need a good answer to this too. Though my situation may be different. See, my team edits fast turnaround videos when news happens. We have a graphic that displays audio waveforms when we have a phone call. In AE, there is a layer that controls the waveforms based on the sound in the composition. We need the Mogrt to be able to switch the audio and also the waveforms. 

Placing the audio underneath the mogrt won't change the waveforms. Is there a way to do it without roundtripping to AE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio isn't officially supported by AE MoGRTs in PPro. You can place audio in AE but once the MoGRT is in PPro, it's just there; as it is. 

You will want to use the userVoice site to post a Feature Request or upvote the feature if someone else has posted an identical feature request.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your argument is a straw man argument. It doesn't matter if you think it's not something desirable. It is something that other users see a need for and want. You are trying to convince me out of something I already understand the need for, and you do not - and are offering nothing helpful in this regard so your comments are pointless to me and other users asking the question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines