• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOTION on mask from Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm (desperately) trying to do such a thing but from a relatively simple path imported from Illustrator.
In the pictures:
The path from illustrator
converting to shape path in AE
Purpose:
make a point of light go along the entire animated mask path on the tracked movement
I can not make it.Screenshot 2023-04-17 alle 18.16.05.pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 alle 18.16.53.png

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a feathered circle e.g. with the Circle effect, copy & paste the path to the position control.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , but i need the mask like the image above from Illustrator.

Where i wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking. You can use the shape and mask at the same time. If you can#t resolve your problem with a single layer, use multiple ones.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use a vector path as a motion path by a simple copy and paste, the layer cannot be scaled, moved, or rotated. If you use a shape layer, the default anchor point of a shape layer is 0, 0. When you convert a vector layer from Illustrator to a shape layer, the anchor point is at the center of the layer's dimensions. This offsets the motion path. To fix the problem, you have first to convert the Vector Layer to a Motion Path; then you have to copy the path (easiest to do if you set a keyframe and then cut it), then paste the motion path to a null layer. Then you have to add a new null to the composition at the comp center, parent the moving motion path null to the new null, and re-position the Parent null to 0, 0. This will line up the moving null with the original motion path. 

The other option, and the one that I use most often, is to select the path, open the Window/Create Nulls From Paths script, and choose Trace. You can then add a second null, parent the trace null to the second null, then use the pickwhip to tie the position property of the second null to the Transform Group/Position of the created shape layer path. 

If that does not solve your problem, I don't understand what you are trying to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines