Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Tile and Masking

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to extend a 1080x1080 video into a 1920x1080 video. I've used Motion Tile to extend the background - this is great as I can see the full video. 

However, when I'm using the motion tile effect,  I can still see a repetition of the main graphics in the bottom and top, when all I really want to do is extend the background).

I'm trying to figure out how to mask these/get rid of them. Anyone got any advice? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll struggle not to get some repetition as MotionTile is duplicating the image and placing it to the sides.

I think Repetile might give you a few more options and I just experimented with adding a couple of CC Scale Wipes.  If you don't like that effect, you could lean into the issue and use something like Mosaic on the edges - this acknowledges to the audience you've filled the screen by duplicating the centre image.

Ignore the image I used, it's a bad example as the original had slight black bars down each side

scalewipe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screenshot of the actual footage might allow to explore other methods of repeating the background in an "invisible" manner, but otherwise it's pretty much as the cactus said - there is no automated way to generate extra fill areas that match the video. At least not yet. For the time being it requires more work or you make the empty areas part of your plan and concede that they exist as already suggested.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines