• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion tracker losing object.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to use motion tracker to follow a player on a sporting field. Once I have selected the target and pressed play, the tracker loses him after a few seconds. Any idea how I can fix this?

E.g. Start

default1jthchcg9umc_1-1645934981445.png

After a few seconds.

default1jthchcg9umc_0-1645934903059.png

It gets progressively worse until it's nowhere near the target.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your settings for feature adaptation and so on an. That aside your shot may simply not be particularly suitable for tracking. Based on your images there are a lot of large compression artifacts and it's only natural that they would interfere. You may simply have to spend a lot more time and reposition the tracker every few frames then piece things together. Not everything works with a single automated track.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The outer tracking box is the area AE looks in to identify the shapes in the inner box.  I suspect the ball is leaving the tracking area sonAE then tries to match the grass.  If you make the outer box larger, the ball should continue to track.

In the tracking panel itself if you click on the options button you'll find different ways AE can compare images RGB, luminance etc... which might also give you a better track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Motion tracking often requires you to manually adjust the tracker position when the object (your player) becomes obscured, moves too fast, or has insufficient detail to be successfully tracked. 

You might consider tracking in Mocha AE. I seldom use AE's tracker unless the shot is very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines