• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a 3d object (beginner's question)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move a shape that is placed on a 3d layer without turning the rectangle? 

I.e. i want to keep the angle of the rectangle but a different x value.

I have an example in the video below

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You pre-compose it and move it as a 2D layer. AE's 3D camera only can do speherical projections, so the perspective will alway change in 3D space as you move stuff around. You can only minimize it to a point where it's barely noticable by using cameras with an extreme focal length or similar tricks. Otherwise you may simply need to warp your objects in 2D using effects löike Corner Pin, Mesh Warp and so on to create the illusion of 3D similar to how the perspective grid in Illustrator works for instance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! Was it that easy? I should have found out by myself. Made me feel even more newbie!  😄

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this video, and after it your question about 3D obejcts, 3D camera how to control it, can resolve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgMHWFolli8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will definitely have a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines