Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving multiple compositions in one main composition - ERROR message

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm a beginner in After Effects and decided to reach out to the community after spending countless hours trying to figure out my problem...I have not found much information about this online either. 

Here is the scenario:  I am trying to move multiple compositions from the Project window to the timeline in another (main) composition for a 3D photo slideshow. Basically, I am trying to replicate the the youtube video below but I cannot replicate the step at 2:09 where the author moves the comps to the timeline...

When I try to do the same, I keep getting the following warning message: 

"After effects warning: already used as an embedded comp for media replacement" 

I tried to experiment with project and script settings but to no avail. 

Can anyone advise me on what I could do to move past this obstacle? 

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjBQrn67feA&ab_channel=EffectForYou

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about the timeline and overall project structure we can't really tell you much. Simply sounds like there is a cyclic connection, i.e. one of the comps you are trying to move is used in another sub-comp already. Other than that it could be some of that nonsense garbage like master properties, advanced compositing options, Essential Graphics or some external DynamicLink connection getting in the way and also create some weird dependencies. These days AE is overloaded with this crap and it always gets in the way. A good place to start would be to switch to the composition flowchart and check where there may be overlapping/ branching connections when there are supposed to be none. Otherwise a lot more info is needed such as screenshots, info about the source media used, system info and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was facing the same problem with my project.

I created an Illustrator file and imported it to after effect and it created a folder with all layers and comp with all layers in that as order.

but when I try to import that comp which is made by illustrator file into another comp this error message pops in.

I did not find any logical explanation for it but I found a solution.

solution:

duplicate that comp in the Project panel and delete the first one if you want the import duplicated comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it. I got the same problem as you.

Steps :

1.Go to File and Select Dependencies and choose Collect Files.

2.It asks you to save in a dialog box and select Save.

3.Then make sure Collect Source Files is selected as All.

4.Click Collect and just Save the folder.

You're Welcome

"After effects warning: already used as an embedded comp for media replacement" FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I owe you a beer. You saved me a lot of hair pulling/time wasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

God

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines