• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 file - trouble saving from Adobe After Effects (& also won't open in Premier Pro)

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received an mp4 file on email from a colleague. It was a little bit strange in the first instance as I had trouble saving the file from Outlook - it would not save from outlook to my folder files, like other files have in the past, however it would let me drag the file to my desktop. It might be worth mentioning the file was a screen recording of a Teams meeting, not sure if that might alter how the file is set-up & how it can be used.

In order to trim the mp4, I popped it into After Effects and it opened / played fine (it would not let me open the file in Premier Pro, hence using Ae). However, when I went to save it in Ae it came up with an error "The operation couldn't be completed. Resource deadlock avoided" ... this is the same error I'd received when trying to save the file from outlook.

Has anyone else come across this error before and have a possible solution for how to save / use the file?

Many thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to convert/ transcode the file in a tool like Handbrake. Screen recordings have all sorts of issues that makes them out of spec files like stuttering/ variable frame rates, variable data rates, incomplete MPEG streams and al lthat, none of which professional apps particularly like. Not your fault, the file was simply recorded with wrong settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thank you very much for your reply. I already have Handbrake, so have just given it a try. Unfortunately I'm now getting a different error message when trying to save the file into my folders "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code 100031)." and then when trying to save out of Ae it is still giving me the error of "The operation couldn't be completed. Resource deadlock avoided". Are there particular settings needed in handbrake I might missing, which would make this mp4 file more usable? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the issue. Could you try the workaround that the user in the following thread shared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/the-operation-couldnt-be-completed-resource/9...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines